Well, the Cardinals have gotten to a spot that they sorely need. Playing the Reds should cure many ills. Cincinnati is a bad team and St. Louis shouldn’t do anything except sweep. I can’t take 3 out of 4 but that is a minimum. The offense looked hot on Thursday night. Let’s hope they can take the poor Reds pitcher and allow that to get their bats hot as they continue next week with a 3-game series facing the Cubs. The Cardinals won on Friday over the Reds as Molina homered and drove in 3 runs. Dexter Fowler also homered in the contest. Luke Weaver notched the win.
Cardinals News and Results
(Friday, April 13, 2018)
Memphis won 9-3 over Iowa. Randy Arozarena had 3 hits and a run batted in. Max Schrock bopped two hits and drove in a run. Tyler O’Neill drove in two runs and had two hits including a triple. Jack Flaherty (game score = 58) was the winning pitcher with 6IP/5H/3ER/2BB/5K. Sean Gilmartin and Andrew Morales shut the door in the final two innings.
Springfield did not play due to rain.
Palm Beach won 1-0 on a catchers error by the Florida Fire Frogs in 10 innings. The PB Cardinals manage five hits in the contest. Mike O’Reilly was the starter (game score =85) and pitched 7IP/3H/0ER/0BB/2K. Luke Gregerson and Jason Zgardowski each had one scoreless inning as Ian McKinney picked up the win by fanning all three batters he faced in the top of the 10th inning.
Peoria won 6-5 over the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers as Juan Yepez was the hitting star with two hits including a grand slam home run. Elehuris Montero had two hits and one run batted in. Edwin Figuera, Bryce Denton and Dylan Carlson each had two hits in the win. Johan Oviedo (game score = 44) pitched 4.2IP/6H/4ER/2BB/4K and gave way to Zach Prendergast (who was just called up) and he allowed three hits and no runs in two innings for the win. Cory Malcom registered the save.
Game Results from Minor Leagues
Memphis Redbirds (7-1)
Springfield Cardinals (2-5)
Palm Beach Cardinals (5-3)
Peoria Chiefs (1-5)
Cardinals Class A Short Season (SS) affiliate State College Spikes will begin play on June 15th.
Cardinals Rookie League affiliate Johnson City Cardinals will have their first game on June 19th.
Top 30 Prospects Peek
1. Alex Reyes RHP — (MLB) — DL
2. Jack Flaherty RHP — (AAA)
3. Carson Kelly C — (AAA) 1-for-4 1 double
4. Tyler O’Neill OF — (AAA) 2-for-2 1 triple 2 RBI’s
5. Harrison Bader, OF — (MLB)
6. Dakota Hudson, RHP — (AAA)
7. Jordan Hicks, RHP — (MLB)
8. Ryan Helsley, RHP — (AA)
9. Andrew Knizner, C — (AA)
10. Max Schrock, 2B — (AAA) 2-for-5 1 RBI
11. Randy Arozarena, OF/2B — (AA) 3-for-5 2 doubles 1 RBI
12. Yairo Munoz, SS — (MLB) 1-for-1 double
13. Oscar Mercado, OF –(AAA)
14. Austin Gomber, LHP — (AAA)
15. Junior Fernandez, RHP — (A)
16. Edmundo Sosa, SS –(AA)
17. Jonathan Machado, OF — (A)
18. Dylan Carlson, OF — (A) 2-for-4
19. Wadye Ynfante, OF — Extended spring training
20. Alvaro Seijas, RHP — (A)
21. Conner Greene, RHP — (AA)
22. Jake Woodford, RHP — (AA)
23. Connor Jones, RHP — (AAA)
24. Johan Oviedo, RHP — (A) 4.2IP/6H/4ER/2BB/4K
25. Delvin Perez, SS — Extended spring training
26. Tommy Edman, SS — (AA)
27. Zach Jackson, C — Extended spring training
28. Derian Gonzalez, RHP — (AA)
29. Ryan Sherriff, LHP — (MLB) — DL
30. Casey Meisner, RHP — (AA)
Memphis Redbirds (7-1) game is at 6:35 vs Iowa Cubs.
Springfield Cardinals (2-5) doubleheader beginning at 11:15 am
Palm Beach Cardinals (5-3) 4:30 is first pitch against the Florida Fire Frogs.
Peoria Chiefs (1-5) 6:30 start time for a cold game facing Wisconsin.
(for 4/13/18 Cardinal teams)
- activated Zach Prendergrass from the DL
- Edwin Figuera is added from State College
- Rayder Ascanio has been placed on the DL
- John Kilichowski has been moved to State College