Yes, I got a new calendar and it has 365-pages and it is called “2011 Cardinals”. I get to turn the page each day and find new and fun stuff to write about, read about and watch concerning my passion.
Before I open the book on January 1st let’s examine some of the characters that have left the 2010 book.
- Brendan Ryan has left the book and enters into the Mariners literature. Many things have been written lately about him so I will keep it brief. We will miss Brendan’s quirkiness and his flair for a great play. We will miss his goofing around with a camera and always on the front step ready to run. Good luck in M’sville, Brendan!
- Gone before the end of the season was Ryan Ludwick. I never got on the bandwagon for him. I always felt he was a career minor league player. He proved me wrong and had some good games and series for the Cardinals. The Padres need him to hit next year.
- Blake Hawksworth left the team via trade with the Dodgers. What I have read he was excited about the opportunity to pitch in Los Angeles. I hope gets to pitch regularly for them.
- Felipe Lopez was released. I am happy about that. Cut out some of the cancerous stuff and take your chances.
- Marty Mason– The lifetime bullpen guy was let go. Seems he couldn’t keep his mouth shut about management and other issues. Every business needs to protect itself from employees that sabotage the team.
- Jason LaRue took one for the team. I know it was a kick in the head that did it, but this guy is a team player.
There will be others that are not in the new book but these are a few of the memorable characters from 2010.
In the new book we have a few interesting characters that could impact the last chapter of the season.
- Lance Berkman has the chance to be loved in St Louis with some great games and series, I am look forward to his contributions.
- Ryan Theriot came to us from the LA book. He was the villain a few years ago in the Chicago Cubs chapter and now he has reformed and is with the good guys.
- Many others will be added to each chapter as it plays out. I know I look forward to turning the page each day of 2011.
By the way, I didn;t really get a calendar called 2011 Cardinals. This is just a” mind thing” that everyday is a new day to follow the Cardinals.
Hope you can make it a habit to read my blog several times a week in 2011 and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.