What’s Cookin’ on the Cardinals Farm?
Minor League Report for June 8, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to read our almost daily report on the minor league affiliates of the St. Louis Cardinals. We hope to have this published each day by 10 AM so be sure to look for it. Please share this with others!
Just a quick mention of the St. Louis Cardinals from last night as they lost again to the Cincinnati Reds and are 5-21 in their last 26 games!
- Dakota Hudson pitched a 7-inning complete game.
- Patrick Wisdom hit his 10th home run.
- Magneuris Sierra had 2 hits in each game of a doubleheader.
- Ryan McCarvel had 3 hits including a double.
- Mike O’Reilly threw a complete game and allowed two hits.
- Pedro Echemendia allowed four hits and two runs to blow the save and get the loss for the Springfield Cardinals.
- Miguel Socolovich blew a save and took the loss by allowing three hits and two runs.
Top 30 Prospects
- #6 Harrison Bader 2-for-4 .291
- #8 Magneuris Sierra 4 hits in 8 at-bats
- #16 Dylan Carlson 2-for-4 .212
- #11 Paul DeJong 1-for-4 .263
- #9 Dakota Hudson 7IP/2H/2R/2ER/2BB/2K 2.98 ERA
- Final Score- The Redbirds lost to New Orleans 5-4 on Wednesday in front of 4,403 fans in New Orleans as the game lasted for 2 hrs and 48 minutes.
- Offense- Memphis managed only five hits in the game with Patrick Wisdom (hitting .320) going 1-for-4 with his 10th home run of the year which drove in two runs. Shortstop Wilfredo Tovar rapped out two hits in four at-bats.
- Pitching- Josh Zeid started for Memphis and threw six innings and only gave up two hit and no earned runs while walking two and striking out seven Zephyr batters. Ryan Sherriff pitched one scoreless inning and registered his 5th save of the season but Miguel Socolovich took the loss (0-1) by giving up three hits and two runs in one inning on the mound.
- Next Game- The Memphis squad continues in New Orleans with a 7PM start time as Jack Flaherty (0-0, 3.00 ERA) gets the start.
- Record and Standings- The Redbirds are in first place with a 35-24 record in the Pacific Coast League American Southern by 3.5 games over the Nashville Sound.
AA- Springfield Cardinals
- Final Score- Game 1 of the doubleheader went to the Cardinals as Dakota Hudson was strong on the mound.
- Offense- Magneuris Sierra had two hits in four at-bats including a double as they score 4 runs in the first inning. lex Mejia hit his 3rd home run of the year and Casey Turgeon contributed with two hits.
- Pitching- Dakota Hudson pitched a seven-inning complete game as he allowed six hits and two earned runs and fanned two batters.
- Final Score- Game 2 of the doubleheader was lost in the bottom of the 7th as NW Arkansas scored two runs off Pedro Echemendia (1-2). Anthony Garia and Magneuris Sierra each had two hits in the loss. Ian McKinney started and only lasted 3 innings as he allowed five hits and three runs.
- Next Game is Thursday as Josh Pearce (5-3, 2.19 ERA) gets 7:05 CT start.
High-A- Palm Beach Redbirds
- The PB Cardinals did not play as they had an off day on the schedule.
- Next Game is Thursday as Derain Gonzalez (3-5, 4.32 ERA ) takes the mound for a 7:05 start in Daytona.
- Record and Standings- They are 34-21 and in 1st place in the Florida State League South and are 1.5 games ahead of the Bradenton Marauders. PB has won 9 of their last 10 games and is 16-11 at home and 18-10 on the road.
Low-A- Peoria Chiefs
- Final Score- The Chiefs defeated Kane County 5-2
- Offense- Ryan McCarvel rapped out three hits including a double and the Chiefs had two hits in the game from Stefan Trosclair, JR Davis andVince Jackson to lead the 14-hit attack. The team had 4 stolen bases in the game.
- Pitching- Mike O’Reilly was fantastic as he pitched a seven-inning complete game and allowed two hits to move his record to 4-1.
- Next Game- Jordan Hicks takes the hill at Dozer Park for a 7PM start.
Dominican Summer League
- Final Score has not been reported yet.
These teams have not started this season yet.
Short Season- State College Spikes starts June 19th (Class A Short Season)
Short Season- Johnson City Redbirds starts June 22nd (Appy League)
Gulf Coast League starts June 26th
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!